Colors not changed in child records

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
benzoD
Veteran Member

Colors not changed in child records

Post by benzoD » 2014-03-11 20:09

I'm trying to implement a color change of a field for certain data using this forum thread. It works great for TV as a parent but in the child view the colors are not changed.

In the tablename_init hook, I have my workorders.status text changing color based on what the data is (if workorder.status = "Complete", font-color="red"). I also have a location table, and related child workorder records are displayed under each location record. When viewing the workorder records as children, the color does not take effect.

Examples-
Working in TV:

Not working as child ("New" should be green):

Here is the code I'm using in hooks/workorders.php:

Code: Select all

function workorders_init(&$options, $memberInfo, &$args){
      $oldArray=$options->QueryFieldsTV;
      $options->QueryFieldsTV='';
      foreach($oldArray as $field => $caption){
         if($field=='`workorders`.`status`'){
            $options->QueryFieldsTV['IF(`workorders`.`status`=\'New\', \'<b style="color: green;">New</b>\', IF(`workorders`.`status`=\'Complete\', \'<b style="color: red;">Complete!</b>\', `workorders`.`status`))']=$caption;
         }
      else
         {
            $options->QueryFieldsTV[$field]=$caption;
         }
      }
Where else must I place the code to color the records the same across all views?

benzoD
Veteran Member

Re: Colors not changed in child records

Post by benzoD » 2014-03-12 19:11

Additionally, if the child records are controlled by a different set of files or code (and it appears that they are), how can I control the buttons that are rendered for the child records? I'd like to disable the Add New button on certain pages and child records but not all.

benzoD
Veteran Member

Re: Colors not changed in child records

Post by benzoD » 2014-03-27 15:27

I figured out the second question. I just had to find its unique selector for CSS then add "display: none;" to the bottom of the CSS file.

So, I hid the Add New button on my pages with this bit of CSS:

button#addNew.btn.btn-success {
     display:none;
}
This hides all the Add New buttons on the detail pages, but not the Add New buttons on the child record tabs that are shown below the table view.

I also disabled the Add New button on a specific child record by using

#panel_childTableName-parentTableName a{
     display: none;
}
This hides the Add New and Refresh buttons in the child panel below the parent Detail view. I only needed to display data in this particular panel.

My app flow may be a little different than most but hopefully this will help someone.