Select Lookup Field without clicking?

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
jay007

Select Lookup Field without clicking?

Post by jay007 » 2015-05-20 19:33

I have a lookup field that is used to lookup phone numbers. When I type in a phone number I have to actually click the number for it to be selected. By default it has none and then the number. I would like once the number is typed in that it auto selects that number and would also like to have it auto save as soon as it selected.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Select Lookup Field without clicking?

Post by a.gneady » 2015-05-21 11:41

You can use the keyboard down arrow after typing the phone number or part of it to highlight the phone number then press Enter to select it, without using the mouse.

Auto-saving is not currently supported, but we might implement it in future releases.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

jay007

Re: Select Lookup Field without clicking?

Post by jay007 » 2015-05-21 12:19

Yes the keyboard down and enter is what I am trying to eliminate. The phone number is unique so there will never be a reason to decide which number to click. There will always be just one result. I understand for peoples names you would have to have an option to select from the result as two people can have the same name but for a phone number this will always be a unique number.