upgrade editor

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
joebloogs

upgrade editor

Post by joebloogs » 2018-11-07 08:50

Hi Ahmed,

niceedit completed development in 2015, it would be great to see appgini updated to ckeditor or something.

sjohn
Veteran Member

Re: upgrade editor

Post by sjohn » 2018-11-08 06:06

+ 1

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2018-11-28 12:33

I checked some editors recently to consider replacing nicedit ... the main criterion I'm looking for is a lightweight editor packaged as a single js file (with perhaps one css and one icons file max), all under 100KB. I checked Summernote and Trumbowyg as they met that criterion and looked promising ... Unfortunately, they have several buggy behaviors and overall, no big improvement over nicedit. ckEditor is a huge package with a lot of files, totaling 760KB for the "basic" package in its zipped format. I don't like to include all this huge package for just one component. So, I'm still researching other lightweight options.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2018-11-28 14:03

This is a wise decision!
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools