Enhanced functions in rich-text-editor

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
sjohn
Veteran Member

Enhanced functions in rich-text-editor

Post by sjohn » 2018-06-17 15:08

I would like some more options in the editor. If what I ask for is already there, I would like to know how to use.

- Images. You can insert images by inserting a link to an image. Unfortunately many web-masters use images in original resolution. When linking to such an image, it will be much too large. You can edit the entry in the database and insert height=xx and this will function but it is gone when editing the field again. I would like an option to set either the height or the width, when inserting an image.

- Links. You can specify if a link should be opened in same or new window/tab, but I would also like to have a possibility to specify a link to be opened in an iframe and then give the target-name.

R Tammam
Veteran Member

Re: Enhanced functions in rich-text-editor

Post by R Tammam » 2018-06-20 14:03

Hello sjohn,

to resize the image in rich-text-editor please check the following screencast
https://www.screencast.com/t/y6bBO8S9m9cB
and unfortunately , including link in iframe feature is not supported in AppGini now

i hope it would help you
Regards,
Reham

sjohn
Veteran Member

Post by sjohn » 2018-06-20 16:58

Thx R Tammam

Because of you answer I thought : There must be something I haven't found. So I tried again - with no luck. The image could not be resized. BUT I found out that the setting I made directly in the database remained!!

I then thought : Could it be the browser - and yes. I normally use Chrome, as this is the most common browser. Only when testing I also use Firefox and Edge,
I then used Firefox and NOW I could resize.
So - when using Firefox there is no problem.

BUT I still want to suggest ( for those that use Chrome as browser ) that when specifying a link to an image, that we also can specify the height in pixel.
And also the possibility to specify an iframe when creating links.
Again - thanks for responding.

ronwill
Veteran Member

Post by ronwill » 2018-08-05 23:38

You could try using CKEDITOR instead of NICEDIT, I think it will cover your needs, especially image resizing. I've shown how I set it up in the 'Tips and Tricks' forum

Cheers, Ron
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course