Next release due?

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
Phil Massyn

Next release due?

Post by Phil Massyn » 2018-04-10 21:57

Hi,

I'm anxiously waiting for the next release, as there are a number of security issues in versions up to 5.70. When can we expect the next release where the security issues will be addressed?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Next release due?

Post by a.gneady » 2018-04-18 09:41

The security issues you reported won't make it to AppGini 5.71 unfortunately as we wish to publish it next week .. but we'll do our best to fix them in AppGini 5.72 hopefully mid May.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

cmoldoveanu

Post by cmoldoveanu » 2018-06-13 08:49

Hello,

Can you reactivate the option "Show column sum" with Lookup field? Maybe in the next release? Please :)

I read somewhere in the forum that it will appear in .72, but I was not lucky this time.

I need it to calculate a price for services from another table. Or does it work with summary reports and I was not careful? :)

(sorry for my English, I use google translate, a little)

Best
Cristi

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2018-06-15 23:30

I need it to calculate a price for services from another table. Or does it work with summary reports and I was not careful? :)
Sum of lookups does work in summary reports plugin. But we'll also try our best to implement it in future releases of AppGini as well.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

wilmira
Veteran Member

Post by wilmira » 2018-06-21 20:48

Hi cmoldoveanu,

This is not so difficult to achieve.

Let´s say that you have a table called products: and fields like: id_product, name_product and price_product

And lets say that you have another table called inventory and in this table you have the fields: name_inv and price_inv as lookup fields from table products. Instead of price_inv been a look up field, you make that field a normal field with data format decimal, and write the next code in inventory.php hook file:

function inventory_before_insert(&$data, $memberInfo, &$args){

$id_product = $data['name_inv'];
$data['price_inv'] = sqlValue("SELECT name_product FROM products WHERE id_product = '$id_product' ");

return TRUE;
}

function inventory_before_update(&$data, $memberInfo, &$args){

return iinventory_before_insert($data, $memberInfo, $args);

return TRUE;
}

cmoldoveanu

Post by cmoldoveanu » 2018-07-20 06:12

@wilmira

Thank You for effort but it is not working. First I do it with my data, and I have a white page, no errors, and second time I built a fresh app with tables and fields suggested, but I have the same result. I don't know what to do anything else but wait the next version with lookup fields sum working. Now I keep the evidence on excel, and it is a mess :) This is what I need from app: we have a therapy salon where kinesitherapists are employed that provide several categories of services. We need to make appointments for clients and know how each kinetotherapist worked. I thought that if I have the total price of the services on programming page, I can filter after the employee and find the total amount of services rendered by him / her. But as the lookup field does not work, I'm stuck in working with excel :)

Thank You

Best
Cristi Catalin

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2018-07-20 10:01

Hi,

maybe you can post a little bit more information on what you have and what you try to acheive (with samples). So we can try to help on the specifix issue.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

wilmira
Veteran Member

Post by wilmira » 2018-07-25 23:08

Sory cmoldoveanu,

There is error in my code:

Try this:

function inventory_before_insert(&$data, $memberInfo, &$args){

$id_product = $data['name_inv'];
$data['price_inv'] = sqlValue("SELECT price_product FROM products WHERE id_product = '$id_product' ");

return TRUE;
}

function inventory_before_update(&$data, $memberInfo, &$args){

return TRUE;
}

It is the same code, just that the Seclect field should be price_product instead of name_product

dnaorem

Post by dnaorem » 2018-11-03 15:55

Hi wilmira,
is the double i in
correct?
With regard,
Debenkumar Naorem

wilmira
Veteran Member

Post by wilmira » 2018-12-05 04:20

Hi dnaorem,

No, my mistake. Only one "i" is correct.