Documented Apps in AppGini

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
pilandros
Veteran Member

Documented Apps in AppGini

Post by pilandros » 2017-01-11 16:04

I have invested in serveral "PHP App generation tools" for quite some time (+15 years) and I have gone through several known ones with some good, bad and worst experiences. (Yes I have gone through PHPMaker or ScriptArtist and please, do not talk to me about ScriptCase in which I spent a lot of money & resources, just this license was an initial +$400 plus $100/year support plan not counting some $300 for each upgrade! ) , So I can tell you that none had strike me in a good sense like AppGini did.
I had been an AppGini owner/user/follower since the early versions 4 (2012/2013) and I loved it's concept since the begining. Clean, Fast, Easy to understand and to modify. And the latest version 5.60 is a refreshment of the nice original concept.

But, now that I have decided to take AppGini to a higher level of workload I can think of some rather easy to implement suggestions to make AppGini a very nice tool to work with.

And my request is for Documentation. Like any other project, you need to keep track of what is going on with every project, and every app generated with AG is like a project, where you need to keep documented texts for description, purpose, targeted objectives, changes, dates, hours invested, etc,

And to make it like a smooth transition towards perfection, may I suggest to start with a text field for a Project Description and a text field for Notes? both fields for every database/project/App ?

Thanks in advance and have a happy AppGeneration

(running now version 5.60)

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Documented Apps in AppGini

Post by grimblefritz » 2017-01-11 19:49

I second this (and in fact have suggested it before.)

To keep it simple, I'd suggest a "Developer Notes" TEXT field for the project, each table, and each field. This would be maintained via the .exe, stored in the .axp, but not used in the generated app for anything. As you say, it would be good for keeping documentation of the how and why of certain things.

bambinou
Veteran Member

Post by bambinou » 2017-04-21 10:17

Yes this would be very important!

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2017-07-14 17:55

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We'll add it to the next release .. in fact I myself need this feature for a lot of our side-projects :D
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.