Sort of Tables in AppGini app

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
DevGiu
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Sort of Tables in AppGini app

Post by DevGiu » 2016-07-28 09:46

I see if I create new tables, are added to the end of the table's list.

Could be interesting to have a way to reorder this tables list, because, one by one is very slow when you create several tables, and this order affects to lookups dropdown too.

Regards.
/Giuseppe
Professional Outsourcing Services

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Sort of Tables in AppGini app

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-07-28 11:38

If you click on the table, you can then use the up/down buttons in the toolbar to change the order. Same as you can do with fields.

DevGiu
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by DevGiu » 2016-07-28 11:41

I know but...
DevGiu wrote:...because, one by one is very slow when you create several tables, and this order affects to lookups dropdown too..
I add....every time it moves, try to render something, and for this reason looks slow. I would like to specify I'm under Linux.
/Giuseppe

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-07-28 12:06

Ah, running under emulation. I assume you mean the window redraws are therefore slow. Running natively under Windows it's no problem, the moves are instant.

I do wish I could use Ctrl-Up/Down to reorder the list. That would be so much better than clicky-clickety-click on the toolbar buttons.

What do you mean by
this order affects to lookups dropdown too
Are you referring to the table order presented when selecting the table order in the lookup field tab? I'm guessing you mean the order in the project panel determines the order in that dropdown, which it does. Personally, I'd rather see that dropdown sorted a-z. All dropdowns, for that matter.

DevGiu
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by DevGiu » 2016-07-28 13:53

I mean here.
Selección_026.png
Selección_026.png (26.04 KiB) Viewed 4177 times
And yes, should be A-Z imho.
/Giuseppe