Row-Level Security

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
TheNoLifer
Veteran Member

Row-Level Security

Post by TheNoLifer » 2016-04-05 01:45

May I request the ability, via the admin screen (or some other method) to filter out specific rows based on group membership?

For example, I would like to add a flag column - call it "locked" which can accept "Y" or "N" values. I want only the members of the "Executive" (or whatever) group to see "Y" flagged records. Anonymous users should not see records flagged "Y". By default, all records would be "N".

I've posted about getting a quick-and-dirty version of this working in the other forum area, but would love to see an official implementation to hide specific records.

Thanks!

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Row-Level Security

Post by a.gneady » 2016-04-05 11:45

Thanks for your suggestion. If what you're looking for is the ability to specify which groups should have access to each record, we have this feature in our backlog for implementation in future releases ... we have yet to consider handling potential conflicts with the current group permissions system (for example, if a group have access to all records of a table, but admin chooses to restrict them from accessing specific records, or if a group doesn't have access to a table and admin chooses to grant them access to some records from that table)
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

sandy3269

Re: Row-Level Security

Post by sandy3269 » 2017-05-12 06:44

Hi, I am about too code too implement this function or something like it by having a field that only the owner of the record or admin can change. This field would have the group names that have access and would be activated on update in the hooks coded area.

Anyone already done this and would if interfere with future versions on Appgini?