Adding help to right side - on same bar as "signed in as"

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Adding help to right side - on same bar as "signed in as"

Post by shasta59 » 2013-01-13 18:29

I needed to have a 'help' file link displayed on the right side of the top menu. Here is how I do it.

Here is my method for adding in a 'help' to the top menu. (The word Help will be there even if not signed in. This way I could let everyone access the help files even before signing in).

In the file "incCommon.php", under function htmlUserBar() locate the following: (this is original code and I follow it with my changes.)

?><?php echo $Translation['signed as']; ?> '<a href="membership_profile.php"><?php echo getLoggedMemberID(); ?></a>'. <a href="index.php?signOut=1"><?php echo $Translation['sign out']; ?></a><?php
}
}
?></div>
</div>

And my changes:

?><?php echo $Translation['signed as']; ?> '<a href="membership_profile.php"><?php echo getLoggedMemberID(); ?></a>'. <a href="index.php?signOut=1"><?php echo $Translation['sign out']; ?></a><?php
}
}
?><a href="./help/helpmain.html" target="_blank"><font color="#FF0000">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Help</font></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
</div>

As you can see, the changes are in the addition at the end after the braces. You will have to create your html help pages and then put in the link to where they are located on your server. I created a folder called help and put all my help files in there. When the word Help is clicked on, a new blank window (or tab) opens and they are taken to the help files. I have the word 'Help" in red at the top.

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Adding help to right side - on same bar as "signed in as

Post by KSan » 2013-01-15 09:31

Thank you very much for sharing. This is great!

wplim
Veteran Member

Re: Adding help to right side - on same bar as "signed in as

Post by wplim » 2013-01-17 22:55

Thanks for the tip ;)

patsd102
Veteran Member

Re: Adding help to right side - on same bar as "signed in as"

Post by patsd102 » 2015-05-07 20:29

Just an update for this,

Change : <?php echo $Translation['signed as']; ?> <strong><a href="membership_profile.php" class="navbar-link"><?php echo getLoggedMemberID(); ?></a></strong> </div

to :

<?php echo $Translation['signed as']; ?> <strong><a href="membership_profile.php" class="navbar-link"><?php echo getLoggedMemberID(); ?></a></strong>
<div><a class="navbar-brand" href="help.html"><i class="glyphicon glyphicon-info-sign"></i> Help</a></div>
</div>