Bulk ownership change

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
baudwalker
Veteran Member

Bulk ownership change

Post by baudwalker » 2017-11-29 04:33

I need to change ownership of some 1,000 records. Is there an easier way than page by page?

Barry

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Bulk ownership change

Post by peebee » 2017-11-29 05:09

Did you look under Admin =>Utilities => Batch Transfer Wizard That's what it's designed for.

"The batch transfer wizard allows you to transfer data records of one or all members of a group (the source group) to a member of another group (the destination member of the destination group)"

Alternatively, if the problem you're having is doing many batch actions from the Table view (because you only have 30 records per page and it will take a long time), you could temporarily just edit this line: $x->RecordsPerPage = 30; in the tablename_view.php to say $x->RecordsPerPage = 500;. That way you could perform a batch action on 500 at a time from the table view?

You could also perform a batch change of ownership with a MySQL command in phpMyAdmin if you are feeling confident enough?

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Re: Bulk ownership change

Post by baudwalker » 2017-11-29 06:14

Hi Peebee,

Thank you for your reply. So many scenarios but unfortunately I believe none will do what I require.

I have a populated database with one table containing over 200,000 records rows and growing. One column "location" has has 150 districts.
This database was populated via and CSV import. Therefore there was no ownership allocated.

I have now been asked to restrict access allowing user location???? to edit records ONLY pertaining to their location.

The Batch Transfer Wizard, as I see it, only allows to transfer ownership from one owner to another. I cannot see a way to transfer by feild content

Extending the page veiw and then loading the page over the internet is a long and daunting procedure.

The Mysql is the most plorsable method but to work out the what tables and feilds is a little daunting as well

My table has a few lookup feilds that contain the ID of other tables. At the moment when I filter on the table the lookup rows show the results and cannot be reused as an import CSV. I read that the upcomming version will have a database backup that might help.

All good fun :)

Barry