order headers and details tables

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
peterp

order headers and details tables

Post by peterp » 2016-10-03 05:01

Hi All,
I have got stuck as to how to calculate a total. I have 2 tables an Order Header Table that has orderheader id, customer name, address, date and order total, the second table is a order detail lines table which has an orderid item number, price, and quantity . What I'm trying to do is as the order is being entered or modified the the total on the header table is changing. So as the order is created the total field on the header will reflect the total of the individual line items either on the fly or after the detail lines have been updated. I think the order header will have to be updated at the end of the details line update but unfortunately I have no idea where I would put the necessary sql code and I don't no what sql code to use, any help with this will be appreciated as it is holding up our evaluation of appgini.
Best regards,
Peterp

igimanigi

Re: order headers and details tables

Post by igimanigi » 2016-11-30 18:28

hi, did you get a solution to this question. i am also trying to implement an order-detail tables for invoices and orders on the same page but i do not know how to. i am also still evaluating the product.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: order headers and details tables

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-12-01 15:20