Record Level Security and Details page customization

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
TomT333

Record Level Security and Details page customization

Post by TomT333 » 2015-12-20 15:41

I have been subscribing online database service, but I may be leaving it. I would like to know if AppGini can do the followings. I quickly made sample database with it, but I am afraid that it seems to be impossible.

1. Record Level Security

I think I can do it with configuring Table permission for Owner. But if admin add a record on behalf of a member, I do not think the member can edit it because the record was inserted by admin and the owner is admin.

This is what I want - church membership management. Each member can add/edit his own record by himself. The church pastor can add/view/edit/delete all records. Several churches belong to headquarters.

2. Details page customization

This is just about visibility. I wonder how much I can customize the Details page. Can I make fields display -nly? Can I insert HTML text block between fields? Can I move around the fields to organize page? Ideally, I want to have a plain details page, on which I insert some code ([@First_Name] [@Last_Name] etc..) to customize the page.

Probably, if I had enough knowledge about php, it would be possible. Can I do the all through the software? Or, can AppGini save generate and save files without loosing customized code in php files?

Thank you.

dragon
Veteran Member

Re: Record Level Security and Details page customization

Post by dragon » 2015-12-20 23:30

In 5.50 Admin can change ownership of a record.
Appgini 5.50, Revision 835. Mac OSX 10.11 running Windows 10 on VMWare.