Access to one specific administrative function

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
pilandros
Veteran Member

Access to one specific administrative function

Post by pilandros » 2015-04-20 17:02

Hi there.
I can see that only one user (the predefined admin user in the config.php file) has access to the Administration scripts (back end) located on the ../admin folder. That is fine.
But I need to authorize one user (or one group of users) to access one script, which by the way is available to the admin user through the batch-actions menu (showing on each of the table view scripts "tablename-tv.php"). The menu option is the "change ownership" option, which takes a batch of records owned by one user/group and transfer them (the ownership) to another.
We need to allow some administrative users (I mean hard/real office ones) to transfer some records from one specific user/group to another when that specific user/group does not exist any more to avoid having records without any owner (ie. the specific user was transfered to another group). And we do not want to them (these selected office users) to allow them access to the full capabilities of the administrative section.
How can we allow access to that option or what do I have to modify to allow one user/group (different from the predefined admin) to access this transfer ownership option in that batch-actions menu option?
Thanks in advance.

pilandros
Veteran Member

Re: Access to one specific administrative function

Post by pilandros » 2015-04-21 16:06

SUGGESTION:
Is there a chance, for the next version, that the script "change records' ownership" included for the predefined-admin (as in config.php) on the batch-actions menu of each tablename-tv.php script might be available for the group that the predefined-admin belongs to? that way, if we need a special-user to be allowed to change ownership of records, but we do not need that special-user to access the entire admin back-end functions, we only assign that special-user to the group the predefined-admin belongs to.
Thanks

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2015-04-22 17:41

Found it.
Look in the "datalist.php" script for the following paragraph:

Code: Select all

/* if user is admin, add 'Change owner' action to 'More' menu */
			/* also, add help link for adding more actions */
			if($mi['admin'] ){
				$selected_records_more[] = array(
					'function' => 'mass_change_owner',
					'title' => $Translation['Change owner'],
					'icon' => 'user'
				);
				$selected_records_more[] = array(
					'function' => 'add_more_actions_link',
					'title' => $Translation['Add more actions'],
					'icon' => 'question-sign',
					'class' => 'text-info'
				);
			}
and change the 3rd line to look like this:

Code: Select all

if($mi['admin'] OR stristr($mi['group'],'admin') ) {
that way, you may have a group of users named "administrators" (instead of just admin) or like in our case, which
we called in spanish "administradores" for whom there will be some limited functions allowed to them; this specific
function of transferring ownership might be one of them.
Hope this helps.

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2015-04-22 17:54

Sorry; Not working.
Only shows the menu option.
will keep looking, when I find the answer I'll get back with it.