403 Forbidden error

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
salthouse

403 Forbidden error

Post by salthouse » 2023-10-08 01:54

I have been running my AppGini app for some time (years), including the table that now has a strange error (months).

For this one table I get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Only on the one table, only in the DV, when clicking ANY of the buttons on the right (Save Changes, Back, Print Preview, Delete or Next).

This particular table has 2 calculated fields that are populated with SQL queries but this works fine for the TV and did not change when I deselected the Automatically calculate option.

Recently, I had a similar 403 when logging on - this was resolved by correcting the config.php $appURI path (due to change in the dev environment).

This problem does not happen on my local (Xampp) system.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

salthouse

Re: 403 Forbidden error

Post by salthouse » 2023-10-12 05:38

After tediously building a duplicate table and checking each of the options on each of the fields, I finally found the problem.

The table has a specified default sort which is a lookup field. If the sort field is hidden in the DV, the 403 error is thrown.

This sounds like an AppGini bug.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2023-10-16 19:10

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'll investigate it and make a fix as soon as possible.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2023-12-02 16:55

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue unfortunately. If you're still experiencing it, do you see a related error in your server error log?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.