Lookup Field - Other Parent Record Data

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
khouse

Lookup Field - Other Parent Record Data

Post by khouse » 2019-05-14 17:36

First time poster here, I'm looking to select a parent record with the Lookup field option, but once selected, I can only show one or two values as the field header. That's ok, but I also want other parent table data to appear beyond just the name on the sub table view.

So for instance, in my roster table, I can select the person from the parent table, but it only shows the name, not any other detail. Is this custom code? Thanks in advance!

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Lookup Field - Other Parent Record Data

Post by pbottcher » 2019-05-14 19:51

Hi,

if I get right what you try to acheive, you can do this through the advance lookup option. You can edit the predefined SQL to match your needs.
You need to keep key (mostly the id) as first element.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

khouse

Re: Lookup Field - Other Parent Record Data

Post by khouse » 2019-09-23 21:33

Update, I figured it out, you have to modify the query in the advanced tool, specifically the part where it appends data.

So ... CONCAT_WS('', `batterStatsYTDCSV`.`first`, ' ', `batterStatsYTDCSV`.`last` , ' - ',`batterStatsYTDCSV`.`team`), '') FROM...