Copy multiple tables from one project to another

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
balfons
Veteran Member

Copy multiple tables from one project to another

Post by balfons » 2018-10-25 14:18

Hi to all,
I'm new in Appgini and I consider it fantastic.

I need to merge two projects into a single one. How can I do it? Is it possible to copy all the tables at the same time from one project to another one?

Thanks

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Copy multiple tables from one project to another

Post by pbottcher » 2018-10-25 16:40

Hi,

I do not know of any way through the GUI to do so. But if you want to give it a try you can do the following:

open the Project2.axp file which holds the AppGini information of your project that you want to retrieve the tables from.
You can use any text editor (like notepad++).
Find the first occurance of <table> and select (including the <table> tag) everything until the end tag </table> (including </table>).
Copy the complete selected entry.

Make a copy of your Project1.axp file (e.g. Project1-copy.axp)
Next you open the Project1-copy.axp file which holds the project where you want to put the tables in with the text editor.
Go to the end of the file and paste the copied data from above right before the </database> tag at the end.

Save the Project1-copy.axp file and open it with AppGini. Now you should have the tables from Project2 copied into Project1.
If everything worked as you expect you can rename Project1-copy.axp to Project1.axp

Now you need to copy your DB tables from Project2 into Project1 (e.g. export and import via phpMyAdmin).

Hope it works.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

balfons
Veteran Member

Re: Copy multiple tables from one project to another

Post by balfons » 2018-10-30 12:11

Ok thanks.
I'll try to implement it

Regards