Hide the NavBar 2 tables in one page.

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
Jay Webb
Veteran Member

Hide the NavBar 2 tables in one page.

Post by Jay Webb » 2018-03-11 17:53

I'm using: Appgini v.5.70 r.1018

I displaying 2 tables side by side using this tutorial; http://bigprof.com/appgini/tips-and-tut ... -same-page
I have everything working nicely but I would like to hide the whole NarBar on both pages, I tried using css, .navbar{display:none;} but didn't work.
Now I only want to hide it in the 2 pages in my ( Side_by_Side.php ) page.
Is there a way to achieve this?

What we envision, we make happen.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Hide the NavBar 2 tables in one page.

Post by a.gneady » 2018-03-14 09:54

This code should do the trick:

Code: Select all

<style>
   nav{ display: none; }
</style>
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Jay Webb
Veteran Member

Post by Jay Webb » 2018-03-15 05:17

Thanks for responding, I did try that. I'm using v5.70 and it doesn't seam to to be working the same as the last version.
Is there a way to collapse the navBar/header to a button?

Thanks..

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2018-03-24 16:42

Hmm .. it should work on the standard generated code, but I see you changed the layout to a custom one ... It would help if you send me a link to this page to check it.
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Jay Webb
Veteran Member

Post by Jay Webb » 2018-03-25 22:09

I think i figured it out, I made copy of each page, renaming both table pages to "filename_view-2.php" just add a _2, at the end of each page, then at the bottom of each page I added the

Code: Select all

<style>
  nav {display:none;}
  body {margin-top:-60px !important;}
</style>
to close the gap left when I made the navbar go away I added the body tag with a negative margin-top of -60 .
When in side by side mode I didn't need the navbar, needed all the real estate i could get, but had to have the
navbar when in single page mode. Displaying two tables side by side is a must for my application.

If you know of a easier method please advise..
Thanks for your help.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2018-03-28 08:39

That sounds pretty easy :)
Thanks for sharing!