Lookup field by entering text

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
ucevista
Veteran Member

Lookup field by entering text

Post by ucevista » 2018-03-11 16:02

Hi.

Does anyone knows if is possible to lookup from other table by a text that whas entered by hand?

I have a table for employees:
id
id_employee
name
lastname

and another table for the production, the work they do, as is:
id
lot
id_employee
name
lastname
units

production.id_employee has as parent table employees and as parent caption field 1 employees.id_employees. Like this, the fields name and lastname from production have name and lastname as parent caption field 1 each one from the employees table and the check autofill activated. With this I can select from a drop down list int the production form the employee ID number and the fiels name and last name are auto filled correctly getting the data from the parent table (employees). I need to write by hand the id_employee in the form production and to lookup for the name and lastname in the employees table to set the data at the production table. Is it possbile? I don't know how to get the number wrtiten by hand and lookup the resto of the information into the employees table to set the correct values at the production table.

Thanks a lot.

R Tammam
Veteran Member

Re: Lookup field by entering text

Post by R Tammam » 2018-03-30 08:40

Hello ucevista,
you should hide the id_employee dropdown , and to make an input text for employee id
then on blar employee id input text

Code: Select all

$j("channge this with employee id input texxt" ).blur(function() {
  CustomerID_update_autofills();
});
change cusomterID with your table id