5.61 Bug - Blank Page

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
thecomputerchap
Veteran Member

5.61 Bug - Blank Page

Post by thecomputerchap » 2017-04-24 10:03

Hi all,

Please can you test this scenario if you have upgraded to 5.61 as since I have upgraded I am getting this problem on my installation. It was working great before the upgrade so I think it's something to do with the lookup field 'preloading' performance tweak...

I have 3 lookup fields in a table...

A table called 'Tasks' containing the following fields...

1) A lookup field called 'Status' which looks up a status table containing 'Active' and 'Inactive'
2) A lookup field called 'Name' which looks up a staff info table containing a 'Name' field, set to filter by 'status'
3) A lookup field called 'Dept' that again looks up the staff info table to get that information, set to autofill.

The table 'Staff' also contains a 'Status' lookup field, pointing to the 'Status' table so that the 'filter by' option appears in the 'Jobs' table.

The idea is as follows...

I select 'Active' to display all active staff. I then select a member of staff from the Name lookup and the system autofills the department in. As I mentioned, this worked great prior to the upgrade.

But now I just get a completely blank page. If I then turn the 'Autofill' off on the 'Dept' field and re-upload the files, the page displays fine. If I turn 'Autofill' back on again, I get the blank page again.

Is this a bug? Does anyone else get this problem? I've tried deleting the 'Dept' field and recreating it but the problem doesn't go away.

Cheers!

thecomputerchap
Veteran Member

Re: 5.61 Bug - Blank Page

Post by thecomputerchap » 2017-04-24 10:26

Update! I've just discovered that it wasn't the 'Dept' field that was causing the problem - it is actually a date field that is also a lookup (autofill) to the 'Staff' field. It seems that this bug happens only when a lookup autofilled field is looking up a date field.

Anyone else getting this weird issue?