Appgini 5.6: Application Installation on a website host

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
PiotrW

Appgini 5.6: Application Installation on a website host

Post by PiotrW » 2017-02-18 09:09

Help!

I have successfully created an application on my PC. I have followed the instructions for installing the application onto my web server. I created a MySQL database on the serve then copied the application to the server using FileZilla and carefully checked that all files and folders were copied to the server.

When I try to access the application I see the name of the application at the top, notification that I am signed in but with no name and a simple message saying "No such file or directory". At no time was I invited to associate the application with a database.

Which files or directories are not visible?

Trying this with the Northwind demonstration application gave the same result.

My hosting company does not offer cPanel but has an equivalent.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Appgini 5.6: Application Installation on a website host

Post by a.gneady » 2018-06-04 13:36

It looks like your AppGini application is unable to create the config file. Please check after setup if the file 'config.php' exists in the folder where you uploaded your AppGini app or not. If not, you could try:

1. adjusting the folder permissions to 777 and retrying to set up the application (not recommended unless you only have FTP access)
2. or better, through shell access, use chown command to change the owner of the folder to the same user running Apache.
3. or if all else fails, create the config file manually and upload it to the folder. Here is a sample config file that you can adjust to your server settings:

Code: Select all

<?php
	$dbServer = 'localhost';
	$dbUsername = 'your mysql username';
	$dbPassword = 'your mysql password';
	$dbDatabase = 'your mysql database';

$adminConfig = array(
		'adminUsername' => "admin",
		'adminPassword' => "2ac9cb7dc02b3c0083eb70898e549b63", // this admin password is 'Password1' ... change it from the admin settings when you sign in
		'senderEmail' => "your admin email address here",
		'notifyAdminNewMembers' => "",
		'defaultSignUp' => "1",
		'anonymousGroup' => "anonymous",
		'anonymousMember' => "guest",
		'groupsPerPage' => "10",
		'membersPerPage' => "10",
		'recordsPerPage' => "10",
		'custom1' => "Full Name",
		'custom2' => "Address",
		'custom3' => "City",
		'custom4' => "State",
		'MySQLDateFormat' => "%m/%d/%Y",
		'PHPDateFormat' => "n/j/Y",
		'PHPDateTimeFormat' => "m/d/Y, h:i a",
		'senderName' => "Membership management",
		'approvalSubject' => "Your membership is now approved",
		'approvalMessage' => "Dear member,\n\nYour membership is now approved by the admin. You can log in to your account here:\nhttp://localhost/bigprof.com/demo\n\nRegards,\nAdmin",
		'hide_twitter_feed' => "",
		'maintenance_mode_message' => "<b>Our website is currently down for maintenance</b><br>\r\nWe expect to be back in a couple hours. Thanks for your patience."
	);
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

ssuman

Post by ssuman » 2018-06-09 18:02

Ahmad, thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I tried the steps mentioned by you earlier also but owing to no prior experience, I was not able to correctly configure the Config.php file.

after working for 2 straight days, understanding "how to upload websites using Cpanel", I could easily configure the files & it seems working for me now.

It was super easy.

I'm really loving this.

ssuman

Post by ssuman » 2018-06-09 18:42

ssuman wrote:
2018-06-09 18:02
Ahmad, thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I tried the steps mentioned by you earlier also but owing to no prior experience, I was not able to correctly configure the Config.php file.

after working for 2 straight days, understanding "how to upload websites using Cpanel", I could easily configure the files & it seems working for me now.

It was super easy.

I'm really loving this.
You should also include about this step in the video where you talked about how to upload. this shall certainly help people like me & help them start using AppGini.