A Serious Bug?!

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
thecomputerchap
Veteran Member

A Serious Bug?!

Post by thecomputerchap » 2017-02-01 12:30

Hi all,

Please can you verify if this is happening on your install...

If you create a cascading dropdown field according to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySABQLupBRs it works great. But if you then enable 'Inherit access permissions' on that dropdown field (the one that has the 'Filter By' selected on it - in the case of the video it would be listings.model), that dropdown doesn't work at all but just shows a busy icon as if it's trying to pull the data from the database but can't! If you then turn off the 'Inherit access permissions' option again and try it, it works perfectly!

Is this just me or is it doing it for everyone?

Cheers!

thecomputerchap
Veteran Member

Re: A Serious Bug?!

Post by thecomputerchap » 2017-02-01 13:16

Please ignore this! It was my problem. Not sure what caused it but after deleting and recreating the lookup field again that seemed to solve it. Very weird!

buck1942
Veteran Member

Re: A Serious Bug?!

Post by buck1942 » 2017-02-18 16:25

I have the same problem, but your fix above, did not solve the problem.

I moved a working program from one server to another... I used phpadmin to build the new file structure and to transfer data for all of the tables... That worked PERFECTLY, much to my surprise, but I still have a busy icon as if it's trying to pull the data from the database but can't when I try to add a new record.

Any suggestions?