Online Rental Propery Management 4 App

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
Supmktg

Online Rental Propery Management 4 App

Post by Supmktg » 2017-01-18 19:06

I have installed the AppGini open source ORPM 4 App on a hosted (Windows) server with MySql database. The app was unable to automatically create the config.php file, but per the setup instructions, I copied and pasted the php code into a config.php file and uploaded it to the folder that contains all of the ORPM files. Also, the setup page informed me that the 'image' folder was not writable. I checked and all of the folders are writable, so I'm not sure why that message showed up.

The index.php page loads, but when I submit the Username and Password I get the error 'Your previous login attempt failed. Try again.'
I have double checked the config.php file to confrim that I am using the 'adminUsername' and 'adminPassword' that are in that file.
I have double checked the Mysql database to confirm that the same values are in the membership_users table.
I have tried 'guest' (also in the membership_users table) without a password.
I have tried admin for both Username and Password.
All attempts return the same 'Your previous login attempt failed. Try again.' error.

I have uploaded all of the files exactly as downloaded from the AppGini website, without having edited anything in AppGini (yet).

Can someone help me get past this roadblock?

Thanks,
Sup

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Online Rental Propery Management 4 App

Post by a.gneady » 2017-02-21 09:35

Sorry for the long delay .. Just in case anyone is facing this same issue, you can always reset the admin password using this method:
You can reset your password by opening the "config.php" file, find the line starting with:

'adminPassword' =>

And change it to:

'adminPassword' => '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3',

Next step, using phpMyAdmin or a similar MySQL admin tool, open your database and go to the “membership_users” table .. find the admin user and change the passMD5 field value to “21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3” (without quotes).

Now, you can log into the admin area using the password 'admin'. You should then change the password from there.
Source: https://bigprof.com/appgini/faqs#faq8
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.