Am I able to create something like this with AppGini

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
mildgreen

Am I able to create something like this with AppGini

Post by mildgreen » 2016-07-05 20:19

Hey all,

I have wondered if I would be able to create something with AppGini.
I have 3 warehouses with 2 different products (beer and soda) that I hold there. These products of course have expiration date and that I want to be tracking.
I want to make a website where my employee no. 1 will have to log in with his password and he will be updating expiration dates for the new packs of beer and soda upcoming. I want to have a table which columns have warehouse, beer, soda showing which warehouse has which expiration date for beer and soda. At one time only one type of date can be present. There won't be a situation where one warehouse has products with different exp-dates.
In addition I would like to have another administrative employee who will have his own login and sees only table with changes made by the first employee that day. For example the beer only came to 1st warehouse and the date did change. And soda came to 3rd warehouse and expiration date did not change.
To make it easy for the first employee once he logins he would only need to select product (beer or soda, with drop-down menu) and select the expiration date of product(typing manually or choosing from interactive calender). When he get to chose warehouse and click add or edit or cancel. He adds then he gets a pack to add, he edits exp-date when he makes a mistake and he cancels when he accidentally presses add...
The table I would get to see with my login is always the same just with varying exp-date as of now and I would be able to print it.
The table administrative employee gets is that one shows what was made by the 1st employee on that particular day.
The table that 1st employee gets is only changeable for him with selecting add button.

This is it. It's just an example and I would like to know if it is possible with AppGini. If it is I will start making it.
Thank you!

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Am I able to create something like this with AppGini

Post by shasta59 » 2016-07-11 14:15

Yes you can but it will take some custom programming using javascript etc. Most of it is fairly simple (well that is a relative statement depending upon your skill level).

The rights and access to data is easy to control but depending upon other requirements you may require custom code to hide/show data.

Overall I cannot see an issue creating this with appgini and some custom programming.

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -