AppGini developer help needed GLOS - UK

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
ronwill
Veteran Member

AppGini developer help needed GLOS - UK

Post by ronwill » 2016-06-13 18:20

Is there anyone living around the Gloucestershire, UK area who can help me sort out an application I'm working on, especially in respect of client access / relationships to data tables etc. Willing to pay for the work, NDA signature is required. Have done a great deal of work on it but having issues with correctly sorting out who can see/access what when logging in under certain user groups. Also need to set-up auto emails (can probably manage this - but lot's time issues LOL). Would also help if the 'helper' also knows about data migration as need to populate areas of my application from external databases. Many thanks, Ron - Struggling non programmer developer! :)
I am using AppGini Prof Ed. version 5.5 rev 835 - My first post to board
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: AppGini developer help needed GLOS - UK

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-08-24 00:54

Ron,

Have you gotten far enough along that you don't need help anymore, or did you find help. Just curious, since it's been a couple of weeks and I've seen you making progress in your other posts.

ronwill
Veteran Member

Post by ronwill » 2016-08-27 18:23

Hi, Yes progressing well, always need help lol! Board has been good for finding some solutions.
Currently doing settings to limit number of records user can have on a specific table & looking at email notifications.

Going forward I'm looking at/for workaround so if a user creates a new record, I can auto lock it (xx days after creation) to protect record integrity - as it will contain some information that admin has to verify externally and I don't want user to be able to change once verified. Saw something from old message on this so will check back on that. Ideally would only want to make specific fields 'read only' for individual records not across the board if that makes sense!?

Are there any solutions to 'upgrading' log-in to more robust secure system (i.e. fixed minimum user name length, must use Cap/symbol/number in password etc.) as I'm little concerned on protecting user records as some information is critical (as above). I'll be hosting on a https server, but other than that I've only got standard app log-in (how safe is it?).

Also don't know if there are any limitations on use (number tables, groups, users) before app slows down or worse still crashes! Or is that more a server thing? - I've got 67 tables so far with approx. 10 more to add, 14 groups (might add 2-3 more) - number of users depends on success of Web/App!! Min expected = 5,000, potential is way beyond that (it's for a select market group). It's a not for profit app to help this group... Any advice/tips regarding this will be helpful, i.e. Is it always best to have just the one Database or have several linked somehow... sorry just trying to get a little free best business pointers.

Thanks for your appreciated post, also for your post regarding Tab Forms & Day/Time calculations they are of great help.

Cheers

P.S. BTW Got the demo invoice working... somehow I managed to download from site the earlier version!-trying to find from where so it can be updated/removed!? files were slightly different, deleted and re-downloaded from main site link and worked perfectly (will amend my previous remarks on the subject)
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-08-27 20:19

limit number of records user can have on a specific table
I'd use tablename_init() to set a count of records into a hidden field, then use tablename-{tv,dv}.js to remove the "Add New" button as needed. You will, of course, have to have some sort of user record - or co-opt a field in the membership info - to store the table + maxrecords info.

Or, you could do it all in the js file(s) by using an ajax call to get the reccount for the table, and then use jquery to disable/remove buttons etc as desired.
email notifications
Sending the email should be easy, so I assume you mean developing the logic to decide when/what to send?
I don't want user to be able to change once verified
I do something like that with one of my apps. Once a record is "closed" (a checkbox field), when the record is rendered thereafter ALL the fields are disabled. It would have been easy enough to selectively disable some and not others.

Also, when they "close" a record, I create an entry in a history table that retains a copy of the record. If the admin later opens the record so it can be edited, and then it is closed again, a second copy of the record is written. This provides a simple audit trail of "closed" copies.

Note that this is done with javascript and ajax. Safe enough from the average user, but by no means secure. To decrease the chance of hacking, it would be safer it it was all done in PHP. (On the other hand, in a few years of real world deployments, nobody has thought to twiddle the javascript.)
'upgrading' log-in to more robust secure system
I'll let the AppGini folks address this one. My apps are used internally and don't face the Internet, so it's no a major concern for me.
any limitations on use (number tables, groups, users)
I've never exceeded 30 tables, and my user and group counts are never more than double digit. I have generated tables with over a hundred fields in them without any issues, and that's running on a CentOS virtual server hosted on a Windows 10 system (ie, not exactly a speed demon!)

Maybe someone else has tried to hammer it harder than I have?
Tab Forms & Day/Time calculations
Glad to help!

I'm eyeballs deep in trying to get a grasp on a project that was done in Codeigniter, so I'm not spending as much time with AG at the moment. But, if I see something I can help you with, I'll certainly try.

vaalonv

Post by vaalonv » 2018-01-30 13:13

Hi there,

Glad to see that your project is going well.

I would highly appreciate any help regarding DAY calculation between dates but excluding weekends and holidays.

Sincerely,
Valon

R Tammam
Veteran Member

Post by R Tammam » 2018-02-25 04:30

Hello vaalonv ,
i think you should
1-define all holidays dates in array
2-define an array of weekends
3 -get a list of dates between the start and end date , and this link has a code would help you
http://biostall.com/get-a-list-of-dates ... -with-php/
4-initialize the day_counter to be 0
5-loop over the dates you get and check if the date not in the array of holidays and the day date not in the array of weekends , add plus 1 to the day_counter

i hope that these steps would help you

Reham