First doubts

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
DevGiu
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

First doubts

Post by DevGiu » 2016-05-27 09:40

Hi all,

I discovered this tool, and looks very cool, but I have some doubts I would like to clarify previously to buy.
  • It's possible to add some custom action to a field on a form? For example, next to an Address field, a button to open a Goole Maps window, open another page, and so on...
  • It's possible, for example, to do the same of above point, but calling a custom PHP/HTML code and returning a value into the field?
  • Can you have different views for a form/grid, and call one or other based on some situation? Example. You have a form with 10 fields. Normally, I show this 10 fields, but I call this form from a related table, I want to show only 3 fields because I want here a "Quick Add" form.
  • Related to previously, it's possible to dinamically change the visibility of a field on a form/grid?
  • It's possible to have batch actions outside "More" button, and with different styling? Color, and so on.
  • It's possible to define the layout of the fields ? For example, a field next to other, inside tabs .....
  • For master/Detail...It's possible to have more than 1 detail related table on screen, under tabs, for example: Example. I have an order page. First, we have master fields, then I want several tabs. One, is detail view of order lines, other tab is detail view of receipts related to this order, and other tab, with a chart of grouped products. Just an example.
/Giuseppe
Professional Outsourcing Services

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: First doubts

Post by a.gneady » 2016-05-28 15:11

You'd need to add some custom code to implement these ... AppGini provides a mechanism for extending your application named 'hooks' ... For more info:

Hooks documentation: https://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
AppGini customization course on Udemy (not free but has some lessons that are free to preview): https://www.udemy.com/customizing-appgi ... ode=TENOFF

Regarding the last question, yes this is possible if you have a lookup field pointing to the parent table in each detail (child) table ... For more info, please check this screencast: https://bigprof.com/appgini/screencasts ... tail-pages
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

DevGiu
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by DevGiu » 2016-05-28 16:21

Thanks. It's not problem if I have to code, I just want to know if it's possible.

Thanks. I bought AppGini, Udemy course included.
/Giuseppe
Professional Outsourcing Services

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-05-31 00:52

I think you will find the Udemy course most helpful.