Incorporate in Website

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
danoshea

Incorporate in Website

Post by danoshea » 2015-03-01 15:39

I am using WYSIWYG Webbuilder. It is an object-oriented web builder and love it. (Have moved on to it after starting with Frontpage, and then using MS Expression Web and then Dreamweaver for years.)

I would like to know if AppGini's created php display pages can be incorporated into an existing website so that my header, footer etc., shows.

To clarify:

As in Dreamweaver or Webuilder, backend PHP coding can be created, or copied and pasted into existing pages. So I'm wondering if AppGini created PHP pages can be copied into a php web page of an existing website?

Thanks

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Incorporate in Website

Post by shasta59 » 2015-03-02 18:24

Depending on exactly what you want to do you can always use an include command. That is one way. There are others but it really comes down to what you are looking for. You can revise the appgini made headers to look like your own also. Do you not want to use the AppGini generated header? Use it in addition to your own header? Just have the 'body' content with no headers from AppGini?

If, at the time of writing your message you would put in the version of AppGini you are using it would be helpful. Different techniques apply depending upon the version. I have, to my posts, recently added "Using 5.3.1" in the first line.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

danoshea

Post by danoshea » 2015-03-02 21:18

Some good thoughts. I will be testing these options.
Thank you.

cesteban
Veteran Member

Post by cesteban » 2018-05-09 15:32

It would be great if an APPGini component could be developed that could be called directly from WYSIWYG Web Builder. This would give us an extraordinary solution to easily develop for the front end and the back end