Want to buy AppGini but have some questions

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
mfelker

Want to buy AppGini but have some questions

Post by mfelker » 2015-01-31 15:20

I will likely buy AppGini, but a few questions before I do.

I am currently using your competition, PHPRunner by Xlinesoft, but their gestapo tactics (they literally banned me from their forum for asking a support question) and over-inflated prices is causing me to consider other avenues.

Can Appgini do the following:

User/Group permissions where individuals can only see their records but admin or other groups can see all records?

Can a FTP site be created with AppGini? I have a client where I needed to create a FTP file upload area for their clientele and was able to do this with PHPRunner. Can I do this with AppGini? Not just pictures, but any file type.

Can I create online forms with AppGini and access the data using a website creation software?

Can online data be sorted and searched for?

Can I create pie charts/bar charts or other visual items based on data entered into a field? I have a client where I need to create a bar graph or some kind of graphic showing the current state of an order (this is likely this MOST important feature for me currently). I need to be able to show some kind of a bar chart graphic depending on the state of a field. Can AppGini do this?

Can I edit PHP code within AppGini and not have to rely on a separate code editor?

Does AppGini have ready-made PHP code snippets that can be copied and pasted into place for enhanced functionality?

Does AppGini have templates and projects for free or for purchase to make things easier to get started, such as a shopping cart, FTP, Member site, etc?

Does AppGini have encryption capabilities?

I am sure I can think of more, but these questions are necessary for me since I use quite a bit of them in my other software.

Thank you for a quick response.

Mike

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Want to buy AppGini but have some questions

Post by a.gneady » 2015-02-02 09:22

That's a long list! Here we go ..
User/Group permissions where individuals can only see their records but admin or other groups can see all records?
Yes ... this is very easy to configure in the admin area.
Can a FTP site be created with AppGini?
Not "FTP" as in "File Transfer Protocol" .. but you can define one or more file upload fields and restrict them to specific file types, and it's not limited to images .. you can allow documents, and any other file types.
Can I create online forms with AppGini and access the data using a website creation software?
You can create online forms with AppGini, where anonymous users only have insert permission (Watch this screencast on how to control anonymous access permissions) and you can view submitted data. If the "website creation software" you mention can connect to a database, then it can access the submitted data.
Can online data be sorted and searched for?
Yep.
Can I create pie charts/bar charts or other visual items based on data entered into a field?
No .. AppGini doesn't include this feature currently. But any third-party charting tool that can access a MySQL database can be used in conjunction with AppGini.
Can I edit PHP code within AppGini and not have to rely on a separate code editor?
No, we don't try to be a jack of all trades :D ... There are lots of awesome code editors and we want to focus on making code generation as easy as ABC without trying to be everything for everyone. The generated code is indented to be very readable and contains lots of comments to making "hacking" easy. I personally love NotePad++ and don't think I can make any better editor inside AppGini.
Does AppGini have ready-made PHP code snippets that can be copied and pasted into place for enhanced functionality?
Please see the code examples in the hooks documentation.
Does AppGini have templates and projects for free or for purchase to make things easier to get started
AppGini comes with 14 built-in themes. Those themes are based on Bootstrap CSS framework, so you can easily find many more or even create your own. There are also several free projects you can download from our website.
Does AppGini have encryption capabilities?
Not by default, though you can add custom hook to implement encryption via hooks.

One final note .. AppGini does not create full turn-key web applications ... Rather, it allows you to quickly create the database and a very advanced front-end (CRUD) for it in no-time. You can easily extend that by adding business logic through hooks, and adding reports and other custom pages.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.