Import CSV problem

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Import CSV problem

Post by Johnk » 2013-01-24 16:23

Ahmad, we may need a new area for "Issues"

I'm trying to import a delimited file. My spreadsheet doesn't allow for "," delimiters so I'm using a semi-colon because it's not used in the data. Three words appear as: a;b;c; and one word, a blank and another word appears a;;c;

Ther are blank fields everywhere.

I have 81 records and Apginni says 81 records have been transferred (or whatever). When I open Appgini, only 66 records appear. Random records are missing. When I check the records that are there, everything is perfect. This indicates the delimiters are working. PHPMyAdmin shows the records missing as per AppGini. The first 10 lines of the CSV sample are perfect, yet the same random records are missing every time I try importing a new CSV file.

The semi-colons in the CSV file all line up so it should work.

Could this be an Appgini problem or MySQL?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Import CSV problem

Post by a.gneady » 2013-01-24 21:44

Importing of CSV files is done by the AppGini application rather than by MySQL, so it seems to be some issue in AppGini ... but I need to have a look on the CSV to check why some lines don't get imported. Could you send me the CSV file via email please?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Johnk » 2013-01-25 13:17

Sending as requested. I've since done several additional things. Firstly, the items aren't random, they're scattered and always the same ones. I've isolated (nineteen in all) ad tried to upload them in two batches. Each batch renders perfectly in the example pane, but don't reach the database. I'm assuming you can append new items into a db already containing data. I haven't tried them in a blank database.

I've also tried "," delimiters and that doesn't work either.

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Post by baudwalker » 2016-12-27 03:05

Hi Johnk
You mentioned that you were "assuming you can append new items into a db already containing data" did you find out if an Append is possible, or do I have to empty the table and then import to an empty table and not append to existing data?