Button to External page - doesnt work in Modal ?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
gregsintx

Button to External page - doesnt work in Modal ?

Post by gregsintx » 2015-05-24 06:39

It seems like this should be pretty easy but I am stumped.

I added a button to a generated file, say \templates\entered_dogs_templateDV.html

Here's what I added
<hr>
<a target="_blank" href="../UKICC/entered_classes.php?&s_Show_ID=<%%VALUE(Show_ID)%%>&s_UKI_Number=<%%VALUE(UKI_Number)%%>&s_UKI_Dog_Number=<%%VALUE(UKI_Dog_Number)%%>" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg">Enter/Update Runs</a>
<hr>

When I click this button from the entered_dogs_view.php file, it works fine, launching my external page in a new tab.

However, when I click this button after arriving here in a Modal popup page, the button click does not do anything. It just doesnt respond at all to clicks.
I can choose to right-click and "Open in New Tab" and that works, but otherwise it's dead, Jim.

There must be some jQuery trick I need for getting this link to work in all cases?

This works:
snapshot1.jpg
Button works fine here
snapshot1.jpg (193.68 KiB) Viewed 4052 times
Here, the link doesnt work
snapshot2.jpg
Button doesnt work from modal
snapshot2.jpg (251.36 KiB) Viewed 4052 times
Thanks,
Greg

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Button to External page - doesnt work in Modal ?

Post by a.gneady » 2015-05-24 22:46

Hmm ... that's weird. Try to inspect the element (right-click > Inspect) and go to the console window (might be named differently according to your browser) and try to see if there are any errors reported when you click it.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

gregsintx

Post by gregsintx » 2015-05-25 03:41

Using Chrome, when I go to the inspector, there are no errors on the console.

The only difference I see is in the not-working link, it has "&Embedded=1" appended to the link.

gregsintx

Post by gregsintx » 2015-05-26 17:46

I upgraded to 5.4 and now the button works from the Modal!

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2015-05-26 23:21

Great. We did fix several javascript issues with modals in this release. I hope you like the new features :)
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.