5.7.2 Won't Work in an iframe on a website?

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
sosapr

5.7.2 Won't Work in an iframe on a website?

Post by sosapr » 2018-06-20 11:55

I have several AppGini applications running in iframes on website pages on different website. All work beautifully.

But now, I've created a database for a website with version 5.7.2 -- the login and admin areas work great on the web page, but database pages come up blank -- nothing at all on the page. When I go to the site in its folder, everything is fine, but not when iframed onto a website page.

I've dropped a version 5.6.2 database from another site on that same page and it all works fine. But the 5.7.2 database app won't.

I know there were scores of great changes from 5.6 to 5.7 -- did one of those make the system not run inside an iframe? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

sjohn
Veteran Member

Re: 5.7.2 Won't Work in an iframe on a website?

Post by sjohn » 2018-06-24 16:52

Hello sosapr

It has been made so, that you cannot ( without changes ) run iframes in cross-domains.
If you have an iframe on same site where your database resides, then you can use iframes.
If not - you cannot.

See also this post : https://forums.appgini.com/phpbb/viewto ... rame#p7753

sosapr

Re: 5.7.2 Won't Work in an iframe on a website?

Post by sosapr » 2018-06-25 18:19

Thank you. I also got a good reply from Ahmad at BigProf.

My AppGini application is in the root, and this site is in a folder below. I've tried using the code that allow access to my root, and that works when I'm signed in, but not when I'm not signed in. I'll try moving the app to the folder. I assume that will work.

I appreciate being protected, but in this case, I was protected from myself. It's good to have access to people who understand why.