Uploaded files stored in images

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
Phil Massyn

Uploaded files stored in images

Post by Phil Massyn » 2018-02-03 06:53

Is there a specific reason why uploaded files are stored locally on the images folder?

I understand from a database performance point of view, we don't want to have all the files in the db. The actual images folder however is not protected at all, and at some point users will copy the URL that gets redirected from link.php, and use it, and there's nothing to stop it.

Second issue I can see, is in a load-balanced environment, you're bound to have issues, unless you sync the images folder across all the web servers.

I would really like to see an option on the File Upload feature, to indicate that the file should be loaded into the database instead of into the images folder. There are certainly cases where we need to do that.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Uploaded files stored in images

Post by a.gneady » 2018-02-19 11:04

Thanks for the insightful (as usual) feedback, Phil :)

Both points (handling uploads on a load-balanced environment, and gated access to images/uploads) is on our backlog for future releases). Stay tuned!
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.