empty table page and syntax error generated

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
Syamsul

empty table page and syntax error generated

Post by Syamsul » 2018-01-24 17:58

Dear all,

i am preparing a mini system for organization. i am utilizing appgini 5.7 1020.

PROBLEM 1: total table of 80. only 4 that display this issue. blank empty screen
PROBLEM 2: 1 table unable to open. Parse error

I did not modify any code. i just use what available in software.

i did:
1) Reinstall software appgini
2) Change folder on generated files
3) try other project.

all does not giving problem.

appreciate assistance towards this matter.
Attachments
002_Syntax Error.png
002_Syntax Error.png (85.01 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
001_Empty Screen.png
001_Empty Screen.png (82.32 KiB) Viewed 2612 times

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: empty table page and syntax error generated

Post by a.gneady » 2018-01-30 15:05

Please send me the AXP project file (and preferably a dump of the data of the 5 tables showing errors) through the support form. You could zip the dump files and upload them to Google Drive, Dropbox ... etc and send me its link.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Syamsul

Post by Syamsul » 2018-02-11 13:18

Thanks ahmed,

appreciate the response. For your information, i just change the laptop. reinstall back and compile the software. Everything works as good as it is.

i now have 85 tables with minimum of 15 field. Therefore, i have to always create new root database if the problem persist.

anyway, this small issue may help others to enjoy the good software.

cheers
sam

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2018-02-12 09:50

Thanks for the update. Your app is quite large with 85 tables, and I'm glad AppGini is helping you manage it :)

Probably what happened is that when generating the app after making some changes, not all files were marked for overwriting and thus some old files remained unchanged, which might have led to a corruption in the database and led to this error. Moving to a new folder and a new database insured everything was created correctly from scratch and worked fine.

As a counter measure, we'll consider adding some clearer hints in the dialog for overwriting files to indicate how many files (if any) are not checked.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.