Batch transfer in 5.70

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
Phil Massyn

Batch transfer in 5.70

Post by Phil Massyn » 2018-01-24 13:14

Hi there,
I upgraded to 5.70 today, built my app, loaded some data manually into the database, and then used the batch transfer feature to allocate the ownership to a user. I can't see the data in AppGini.

If I add a record within AppGini, then the record is visible to all users of the group, but anything allocated through the Batch Wizard is not working.

Is this a bug, or did I miss a step somewhere?

Phil Massyn

Re: Batch transfer in 5.70

Post by Phil Massyn » 2018-01-27 22:32

Yes, I missed something somewhere....

While upgrading, I took the opportunity to change some table names, including changing Customers to customers (in Appgini), not realizing that my Linux mySQL instance is case-sensitive to the name (which would explain why I had two tables (customers and Customers). It was a strange one, because my local XAMPP instance worked fine, but my server instance did not. Once I corrected the table case, everything worked fine, including the batch transfer.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Batch transfer in 5.70

Post by a.gneady » 2018-01-31 09:21

Thanks for the heads up, Phil. Something rather weird about MySQL is that table names are case-sensitive in Linux but not so in Windows. And this applies to tables only. Field names are case-sensitive on both platforms. Perhaps it has something to do with dependence of MySQL on the file system, storing each table as a separate file.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.