trouble with thumbnails

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
pilandros
Veteran Member

trouble with thumbnails

Post by pilandros » 2017-10-19 17:39

I am having trouble displaying graphics and thumbnails.
I am using ver 5.62 rev 990 under Win10 and had no problems with prior AppGini version 5.5 with the same Win10 OS.

I have a table with a media/image field, where I need to upload a graphic and show a thumbnail in their "tablename_tv.php" display. In the "configure.." button from the AppGini edit structure window, I have tryed both options for the Table-view and Detail-view and checked "enable zooming" or "full-size image". Only thing working is "full-size image" and it is annoying to see a table-view of records with large images, instead of thumbnails.
(I even tryed to reduce the image size to the default 100kb, to test this issue, and got the same results.)

When "enable zooming" option selected, only thing shows in the "tablename_tv.php" is a clickable little square character, instead of the thumbnail. (And the zooming option works after clicking it, by showing the proper graphic. But the thumbnail is not showing in that "tablename_tv.php" script, even after running the "reconstruct icons" from the admin-area page. I have also checked in the images carpet for these graphics and both are there, the original size graphic and the thumbnail graphic.)

What might be the problem?

Abeer

Re: trouble with thumbnails

Post by Abeer » 2017-10-25 22:44

Hi Pilandros,
I have tried over the same version of AppGini and images thumbnails is working fine in table view, I suggest to make sure that gd2 extension is enabled in your php.ini file.

to make sure of that open your php.ini file, and make sure extension=php_gd2.dll is not commented (if it doesn't have semicolon before it, then it's not commented).

take a look at this:
https://www.screencast.com/t/j4OlCke5