Login problem

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
Alisson
Veteran Member

Login problem

Post by Alisson » 2017-08-03 23:45

I'm using appgini in different folders in the same domain.
Ex.
www.demo.com/01/
www.demo.com/02/

Each folder it a different appgini application and each one uses a different database.

But my problem is that if i go to www.demo.com/01/ and login with my username and password, if I change the address to www.demo.com/02
it logs automatically without asking for the username and password, the username is the same "admin" but passwords are different for each folder.

I'm I doing something wrong here?

Thanks.

pilandros
Veteran Member

Re: Login problem

Post by pilandros » 2017-10-19 17:03

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I suspect that it is as simple as AppGini generated code verifies that the "user" is logged properly. Not that the "password's user" was logged properly. So if the username was logged properly, AppGini will allow the properly-logged username to continue, if the same username exists on each of the username-table's apps.

I have serveral AppGini apps running in the same domain and I encounter similar experiences. Although I took advantage of this situation, so one adminsitrator (same admin user name), once logged can run in any of the apps without having to re-log-in each time he/she changes from app to app. But this was my own conditio0ns. But, on ther other hand this might be a confusing situation if you didn't want the admin user, to access different apps once logged into their own.

I think, for your needs you will have to re-name the admin users for each app if you want to avoid this situation. Meaning, your application will allow any properly-logged username, and for this to happen, that username must exist with the same username on the username table.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.