Lookup fields - V5.62 - identical lookups in same table not possible?

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Lookup fields - V5.62 - identical lookups in same table not possible?

Post by peebee » 2017-07-11 06:27

Have been absent from AppGini for a while. Time to revisit and just upgraded an app from V5.51 to V5.62

Previously (up until V5.51 at least) it was possible to have multiple instances of the same lookup field working in the one table detail view. For example; I used it in a "Jobs" table to provide multiple lookup dropdowns to select Agent 1 from Agents, Agent 2 from Agents, Agent 3 from Agents, and so on.... Very handy for my purpose.

Having tested a few times now, unless I'm doing something wrong, I see that multiple instances of the same lookup field in the one table detail view no longer works? The first instance of the lookup field works OK - any additional identical lookup just hangs at the "Searching...." stage with no results returned. Is this a bug?

Looking into the code, I see that the lookups function now includes a new templates/table-ajax-cache.php which seems to be the culprit as it is combining all of the individual lookups that relate to the one parent table into one singular ajax function? I also saw this in the changelog for V5.61 - "Improved detail view loading performance by preloading lookup values." I've tried a few simple hacks but haven't managed to get it working yet?

Is this is a replicable bug or am I doing something wrong? Any easy solution available? Thanks.

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Lookup fields - V5.62 - identical lookups in same table not possible?

Post by peebee » 2017-07-11 07:19

Ok, please ignore that my possible bug report of mine. My fault entirely.

Turns out my custom SQL query in the "Advanced" options of the lookup fields was causing the issue. Oops. :oops:

All working now and V5.62 is yet another excellent product from Ahmad, as I've come to expect.