USERS adding new record not showing

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
charmed_ones
Veteran Member

USERS adding new record not showing

Post by charmed_ones » 2017-02-10 14:15

We have users adding records to the database.
When they get the confirmation of it's been saved. They go back and they page says no records found.

The group permissions are can insert and VIEW IS OWNER, EDIT AS OWNERm and DELETE is NO
now when you log in as admin we can see the record as being there. The field for the owner is correct. So it picked up the log in ID on the record.
When we try to change owner ship the GROUP (USERS) the user is in doesn't show up in the view

We are using Version 5.60 revision 982

Any ideas?

apirnar
Veteran Member

Re: USERS adding new record not showing

Post by apirnar » 2017-02-17 15:11

I've had this problem recurring from time to time.

Check for unowned records using the admin utility and/or looking into the ownership of the problem records using phpmyadmin where you can see the Appgini system tables. I've worked around by assigning unowned records to another member in the required group, and by giving more access rights to the group or individual members. Not ideal.

My best guess is that for some reason the ownership info is not correctly created/updated in some situations.
I've also looked at hooks as a potential source for the fault in case there's an exit from the hook which updates the record but not the ownership info.