Session Logins

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
salemsaleem76

Session Logins

Post by salemsaleem76 » 2016-06-01 07:14

Hello Everyone,

I've placed a new system and added users and everything seems working fine. When I've placed this online it turned that when you open a session for a while, and someone else logged in the system, your session will be changed to that user. For Example I am user X, if I left the session open for a while and user X is logged in, I can see my logged ID changed to user Y.

This is a major issue that I need an immediate help with, any ideas,.....pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Salem.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Session Logins

Post by a.gneady » 2016-06-06 22:32

Hello Salem. Sorry for the long delay. I couldn't reproduce this issue using the info you mentioned. Are there any specific details that can help reproduce this?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2018-03-01 18:04

There are several problems tied to this issue that some applications (some of mine included) must be facing to deal with the consequences of having repeated or duplicate active logged users.

The summary and the possible solution to solve this problem/issue is this:

We need to avoid that a user is logged (and active) more than once into the application.

One solution might be to set a flag within a log-file for each active-user.

if he/she lend their user credentials to somebody else, only the active logged-user credentials must be allowed, by setting this flag.
If he/she did not do a logout properly, that flag must be cleared (or shut-down) somehow.

Any Ideas or comments on this?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2018-03-20 12:47

Hmm ... I'll consider adding this as an option in future releases (Allow only one session per user) -- it might not be the desirable behavior in all cases, but having it as an option that can be turned on might prove handy in some cases.
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by D Oliveira » 2018-03-27 18:22

I plan to have at least 3 users using the application at the same time, is that an issue I should be concerned before releasing my application?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2018-03-28 08:37

Usually not. However, if the users will be editing the same record at the same time, you might wish to include some hooks code for locking the record so that only the first user can edit it -- you could set the lock to automatically resolve within 10 minutes or so.