Document Expired message

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
mervyngroves

Document Expired message

Post by mervyngroves » 2014-12-06 14:47

Using an AppGini application for over 6 years and never had an issue with having to re-load pages when using the browser back button. Just lately all browsers are giving the "Document Expired" message and Confirm to re-send is required to return to the previous page.

Searched for session_cache_limiter setting and the entry in incCommon.php, @session_cache_limiter('private, must-revalidate');, seems to be the necessary entry to avoid this issue.

Any solutions?

Process:

Select Table, select Record, select Child Record, press back button, Error message.

Daniels

Re: Document Expired message

Post by Daniels » 2017-02-22 17:19

I am have learned to live with this error in my applications, however, I am sure there is a quick fix. I would love to get rid of the Document Expired Message and having to re-load the page every time you hit the browser back button. I am using the Latest version of appgini.

dge

Post by dge » 2017-05-02 21:07

Can anybody offer some kind of solution, or even a reason this "document expired" issue started happening as of version 5.6?

It's very useful to be able to use the browser-back button to return to a previous page without refreshing it (for example, if you've done a quick-search you want to keep the results). It used to be that you could freely use browser-back for this purpose, but now it's "document expired" all the time.

Is there nothing we can do about it? I was hoping 5.61 might fix it but it does not.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by grimblefritz » 2017-05-02 23:37

Google is your friend in this case. Search "document expired back button" and you'll find plenty of explanations.

As to how to fix in AppGini? That I'm not sure of.

I try to train my users to not use the back button unless there's just no other option. And I have had to explain to many - too many - programmers why it's better to put a back link/button on a page, rather than rely on the back button. Especially a page that's processing POST data.

dge

Post by dge » 2017-05-03 00:30

Thanks. I put:

<?php ini_set('session.cache_limiter','public');
session_cache_limiter(false); ?>

at the top of header.php and that seemed to do the trick. There are probably many reasons why this is a bad idea, but for us it makes Appgini more usable, as navigating through child tables often leaves you no path back to where you came from. Not to mention if you've done a quick-search to limit the results on a page and you want to come back to that page without having to enter the search term again.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by grimblefritz » 2017-05-03 13:24

AppGini should fix this by ensuring every path has an in-page back button/link.

Or, by doing as you did. Which isn't the ideal solution in my opinion, but if it works, then I guess that's the important part.