Text not set as Rich (HTML) area is still rendering HTML

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Text not set as Rich (HTML) area is still rendering HTML

Post by KSan » 2014-04-19 20:56

I have a problem. In my DB I have a text field where I want to put in some simple HTML tags and I want these to be saved as the text that I type. I make sure the Rich (HTML) Text Area check box is not checked in AppGini and I therefore expect whatever I type in the text edit box to be treated as text only. However, at runtime, if I type for example <br> this gets translated in the CR/LF as my record is saved and the field contents no longer contain the text "<br>". This a problem and a bug (IMHO). Would like to find a way to make AppGini not care about what I type into a Text field and not try to render things that might look like HTML tags. Any ideas?

Ahmad can you kindly help? Thank you very much.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Text not set as Rich (HTML) area is still rendering HTML

Post by a.gneady » 2014-04-21 04:43

Try typing <br> instead of <br>
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2014-04-21 09:31

Ahmad, thank you very much for your kind reply. <br> was just one example. the text box should not interpret any of the HTML. It should treat whatever we throw at it as pure text. Can this be arranged?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-04-22 08:18

<br> seems to be the only one interpreted in the detail view as HTML. Others stay as code though they indeed get interpreted in the table view ... I'll try to set this behavior as an option that can be enabled/disabled in future releases.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2014-04-22 23:49

Thanks much for that. In text mode I'd think that no HTML should be interpreted. You already have the Rich Text Format checkbox so I think the whole format RTF/HTML in tableview mode could be reserved for when you have selected RTF in AppGini. I personally don't think you need yet one more option setting for this. Simply fix Text to show only as Text and you'll be fine! :D

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2014-08-08 00:08

Any ideas when this issue could be fixed? Thanks much.