Table Group deleted after upgrade to 5.51

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
PaulKeates

Table Group deleted after upgrade to 5.51

Post by PaulKeates » 2016-09-22 22:01

Hi,

I have a pretty large collection of tables. They were all divided into 5 table groups.
This worked well on 5.50

I then upgraded to 5.51 today + added a new user group (using the Admin Area control panel) with one new User in that new group.

When I went to the AppGini Table Group dialog to edit the display of which table appears in which group it was empty except for the 'None' group - the default. All previous Groups were gone.

I'm not sure that Admin Area changes are relevant - they are included for completeness / debugging. I know Admin Area groups are not the same as Table Groups - permissions vs. enabled tables, but wanted to point that out.

When I went in and try to add some new Table Group entries (using same name as previous - intent was to rebuild Group names from scratch) I get the message "Group name already exists. Please specify a different name."

This occurs EVEN THOUGH the dialog only displays NONE. AppGini is storing the previous Group names somewhere but has forgotten how to display them + their relationships.

Is this information stored in a file? I want to reset it so I can use groups again else my users see too many different icons / tables.

PaulKeates

Recent submission by Paul Keates

Post by PaulKeates » 2016-09-22 22:15

Hi,

I jsut de-installed v 5.51 and reinstalled 5.50 and now the Table Group feature is working again - including displaying PREVIOUS settings.

I think there is a defect there...

Thanks,

Paul

Noha Eshra

Re: Table Group deleted after upgrade to 5.51

Post by Noha Eshra » 2016-09-26 12:53

Please use the online support form to send us the axp file to inspect this issue.