show column sum error

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
pilandros
Veteran Member

show column sum error

Post by pilandros » 2015-06-17 00:46

I just upgraded from 5.40 to 5.41 rev.762 and tested on a production application.

In my production app I have 2 tables to capture invoicing data: Invoice_header & Invoice_details. When displaying the invoice_details records in the table view script I needed the "show column sum" parameter active in order to show a sum of all the values captured in the details table that eventually form the total value for an invoice in the invoice_header table.

With version 5.40 that parameter ws running just fine. With this late version 5.41 I am getting the following error message:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' CONCAT('$', FORMAT(sum(`invoice_details`.`amount`), 2)) from `invoice_details` LEFT JOIN `invoice_header' at line 1

I did a work around by unchecking the "show column sum" and it worked fine.

Any suggestions?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: show column sum error

Post by a.gneady » 2015-06-17 21:13

Please send me the AXP project file to inspect it by submitting a support request at http://bigprof.com/appgini/support-request
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2015-06-19 16:52

a.gneady wrote:Please send me the AXP project file to inspect it by submitting a support request at http://bigprof.com/appgini/support-request
Hi Ahmad,
Thanks so very much for your prompt response.
About this error. It turns that it was NOT an Appgini error. It was my mistake.
The problem was with the file "dataformat.cfg" which I had customized for my app (in this case the currency symbol and number & date data formats) and the AXP project file was expecting those customized parameters in the dataformat.cfg that by the time I upgraded and run the new version were not in there (I forgot to upload the cfg file(s) prior to run the AXP project).
When I uploaded the translation file with the cfg files everything returned to normal.
Sorry for this later post which WAS NOT a bug but my mistake.
We (my users and myself) are all enjoying our apps developed with AppGini.
Thanks
Jorge.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2015-06-21 22:26

I'm glad it's now resolved, Jorge.

We plan to improve the way data formats are handled so that you don't have to update that file with each upgrade -- that is, in future releases, the data format will be stored inside the project file so you don't have to worry about it.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-01-26 14:25

Sorry to bump an old post, but there's another problem with data formats.

I'm guessing that internally, the selected data format is stored as the line/record number in the cfg file. So if the fourth available format is selected, that format (the fourth one) is what's read each time the project is built.

The problem is, if you build a project, and then subsequently customize the cfg and add entries at the beginning of the file, or reorder/remove entries, the selected format at next build is not what you expect.

I stumbled on this (with 5.50) when I added two data formats at the top of the file, then tried the free invoicing apx. Item totals weren't displaying. I though at first it was an error in the hook file, but that seemed ok. By chance, looking at the project in appgini, I noticed that the price field was set to display as a UK time field. I found every formatted field had the same issue. I adjust the format and rebuilt and the invoicing app worked fine. Out of curiosity, I then removed my two custom entries from the cfg and rebuilt invoicing and again the data formats were incorrect.

Lessons:

1. data formats really need to be fixed :)
2. until then, only append entries to the cfg file
3. never reorder or remove entries from the cfg file
4. if you violate #2 or #3, you must check every project!