importing csv and assigning owner

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
guidoc

importing csv and assigning owner

Post by guidoc » 2015-11-26 12:32

I'm new to AppGini.
I have this problem: when I import a csv file, I cannot assign the owner to the records. It tells me: "All records in all tables have owners now." But it's not true: the new records have been inserted in my table, but not in the membership_userrecords table.
It seems like there is some annoyance, but I don't know exactly how it works, and I cannot figure out what is it...
I tried re-generating the project, deleting the backup tables, importing very few records in the csv, but I didn't solve.
Any suggestion? Or explanation on how ownership assignment works?

udayvatturi
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: importing csv and assigning owner

Post by udayvatturi » 2015-11-28 04:44

Hi,
As per my knowledge, for every record you add to any table a record will be created it membership_users table.

If there are records in a table but you dont have a corresponding record in membership_users table, that record will be visible to admin group by default or any group/user having view all permission.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: importing csv and assigning owner

Post by a.gneady » 2015-11-29 22:14

Hmm ... May be the records in the CSV have primary key values that already exist in the table you're importing to? In this case, the records in the table will be updated with the new values from the CSV. So there will be no new records added. And thus all records would be assigned to owners.

You could try checking the 'View members records' page under the 'Members' menu to make sure if the new records have ownership info or not.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.